Sunday, November 29, 2009

Singapore

what a great start to our trip! I am sitting in Raffles hotel in singapore as I type and so far almost everything has gone to plan. We left Dublin in a thick fog and London a few hours later in lashing rain. The flight wasn't nearly as bad as I'd thought with almost no turbulance and plently to entertain us all. I was just settling in to watch my third film when I had to suddenly catch sick as Matthew threw up beside me on landing.
After we landed we discovered that one of the bags was still back in London, mine of course, but I was given an allowance to buy essentials to last until it is delivered tomorrow.
As we stepped out of the airport the heat hit us like a wall. It was 7 in the evening but 30 degrees. Raffles is beautiful and we have a suite over looking a courtyard. Richard and Martina, Mick's cousin, met us here and showed us a nice place to eat and where i could buy temporary clothes.
Singapore is hot, neon and very exciting. I look forward to seeing it in the daytime.
Matt and Emma were dying for a dip in the rooftop pool so we
raced back from the shops before it closed at 11pm and the three of them swam while I conked out asleep in one of the loungers. We're still confused as to what day we should be in or what meal we're eating but I'm hoping for a good sleep tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh a Raffles suite eh? Tis a far cry from the campervan holiday you pretended you were going on... Hope you get your bag back soonest poss - though is opp to get some Singaporean bargains of course!

    ReplyDelete