Thursday, December 3, 2009

room with a view


This is the great view from Catherine's apartment. It's better than TV watching the endless stream of joggers, rowers and cyclists. As we went around Wellington yesterday stocking up on weatherproof and thermal gear for our river trip the Kiwis we met were all commenting on the 'shiddy' weather we'd been having. Still, I'm reliably informed that it's colder and wetter in Ireland which gives us a little warmth :)
We got a stick for being able to connect to the internet on the road which has its own sim card which I'm also using in the mobile phone. We asked about coverage and were assured that they had 97% coverage in places 'where New Zealanders live and work' but if we were heading to 'the wop wops*' that coverage would be nil.
*boglands :)
Friday
We went to the te papa museum today and learned lots about New Zealand's history. Emma and Matt have each picked a topic that they will write about tomorrow in home school. See the way I have a knack of sucking the joy out of things? :) The museum is great with plenty of hands on things to do. I took lots of photos but then realised that the camera I was using uses a smaller card than my laptop takes can take so I can't upload them.

No comments:

Post a Comment